ERA Dawson History
ERA Dawson Bradford Co., REALTORS roots go back to the early 1970's when Jon and Nancy joined Country & Coastal Realty with Bill Baker, Carroll Wilson and Dewey Gosselin. C&CR was located at the corner of Main & Cedar Streets, behind then famous Gosselin's Bakery. In 1974 the Dawsons purchased the company, changed the name to Dawson Co., and moved the offices to 143 Broadway in Bangor.
In 1975 Dawson Co., joined the growing national real estate franchise, Electronic Realty Associates (ERA) which had 1200 offices nationally featuring electronic innovations, one being the transfer of pictures and descriptions of homes by FAX. Home buyers at ERA offices from across the country could have this data within minutes. At the same time the REALTOR sending the prospect put the Dawson REALTOR in touch with the party transferring.
Within two years the Dawson's made the decision to concentrate their efforts on the management of the delivery of real estate services to top real estate REALTORS, encouraging their growth in their careers.
By 1979 ERA had member brokers in all 50 states. That same year ERA Dawson moved to new offices at 417 Main Street in Bangor and was gaining dominant market share.
In 1989 ERA Dawson acquired Bradford RE and Insurance Agency of Orono. Established in 1953 by Richard Bradford, the Bradford Agency became a welcome subsidiary.
ERA enjoyed continued growth through the 80's and 90's expanding its presence in 28 countries from Europe to Asia.
In 1994 ERA became the first company in the nation to post all of its clients' properties online.
In 1998 ERA's parent became Cendant Corp (NYSE:CD) offering the ERA system an unparalleled potential for synergy and full service in Cendant's broad real estate, mortgage, and relocation divisions. By 2002 Cendant Mobility handled over 52,000 corporate executive transfers nationally for its Fortune 500 clients.
The growth of business for Dawson Bradford required a major expansion of its office on Main Street in 2004.
Today ERA Dawson Bradford Co and its Associates set the standard for excellence in real estate in Eastern Maine.